Minutes of the Annual LION Board Meeting
December 14, 2010
Russell Library, Middletown, Connecticut
PRESENT: Kathy Rieger—BR, Cindy Muhlbach–HA, Marie Shaw—EH, Lydia Main—EL, Richard Conroy—EX, Gale Bradbury—LB/LG, Bonnie Albanese—MA, Marcia Sokolnicki—MA, Deb Barberi—MD, Vince Juliano—MD, Suzanne Maryeski—NL, Cornell McNair—NW, Mary Fiorelli—OL, Meryl Farber—OR, Kelly Marszycki—RA, Leslie Scherer—WA, Janet Flewelling—WA, Todd Fabian—WD, Alan Hagyard—LION, Andy Gardner—LION, Matt Beardsley—LION, Lew Daniels—WS, Cyndi Shirshac—DU, Susan Donovan—ST
I. CALL TO ORDER: President Kathy Rieger called the meeting to order at 9:12 A.M.
II. ADDITIONS TO AGENDA: None
III. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
IV. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: The minutes of the December 22, 2009 meeting were accepted on a motion by Vince Juliano seconded by Lydia Main.
V. ANNUAL REPORTS:
- Auditor’s Report. Michael Solakian, CPA presented the Financial Statements for the year ended June 30, 2010 and 2009. The audit found no significant deficiencies or weaknesses. Mr. Solakian commented that LION has sufficient reserve funds and that the LION staff does an excellent job.
- President Rieger thanked Alan, the staff, and the Board for their work and referred the Board to her written report.
- Executive Director Alan Hagyard noted highlights of the year included new notices, an experiment with Sky River for bibliographic records, the 2009B Millenium software release, network issues and firewall replacement, LibraryThing mobile interface, ebooks from Overdrive, new mail server, the work of the Fees and Services Task Force, and the decision of the LEAP libraries to join LION. LION was represented at many national and regional conferences. He referred the Board to his written report for details.
- Associate Director Andy Gardner referred the Board to his report, and commented that release 2009B was both a highlight and a low point this year. Future tasks include the completion of OPAC redesign and work on the LEAP migration. Andy thanked the Lion member catalogers and and circ staffs for their work.
- System Manager’s Report. A written report was presented.
- Personal Computer Network Manager’s Report. Matt Beardsley provided a written report and commented that Lion members now have over 900 computers. Lion has started to use Windows 7 for public computers after solving some security issues. 2011 will include changes for CEN-DNS and a web server replacement that will support WordPress for LION members that wish to use it for their websites.OFFICIAL DESIGNATION OF LION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Andy Gardner will email designation forms to member libraries, and asked that they be returned to the LION office.
VI. NOMINATION COMMITTEE REPORT:
Mary Fiorelli moved that Article V section B of the Lion bylaws be amended to read as follows:
The officers shall be elected at the last Board of Director’s meeting of the fiscal year. Officers shall serve from July 1 to June 30.
Vince Juliano seconded the motion and it passed unanimously.
VII. OTHER BUSINESS: None.
The meeting adjourned at 9:46
Leslie Scherer Recorder